Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Preschool lesson at Jessica's

Today we went to Jessica's daycare to visit and play with the kiddos. I brought some things so I could do a beach/ocean lesson with the kids. We started off talking about the beach/ocean and things  that we would do and find there. We then looked through the book, Flotsam, (great pictures no words) and created a story together as we looked at the pictures. They named the main character, John Mac. :) They thought the pictures were amazing and realized that the ocean had some pretty cool things some real and some fake! We sang a song
I'm A Little Fishy
(tune of I'm a little tea pot)
Submitted by Nicky
I'm a little fishy
watch me swim
Here is my tail
Here is my fin
When I want to have fun with my friends
I wiggle my tail an dive right in 
 
I also had actions to go with it, they did awesome! We then unpacked  a beach bag. I had things like a towel, water bottle, sunglasses, sunblock, swim suit, a hat, a book (some like to read on the beach), a pail for sand castles, beach ball, and of course a snack...Goldfish to pass out to all. Afterwards we went back to our book to see what else John Mac does on his beach adventure. We did another song...
Five Little Fishies in the Sea
Submitted by Jenni
Five little fishes in the sea
teasing Mr. sharky
you can't catch me
you can't catch me
Well along came Mr. sharky (softly) as quiet as can be
He snapped! a fish up
right out of the sea.  
Repeat
Finally, we created our beach cups! I had the kids do a hand print in orange paint... got this from Pinterest! Took some clear cups, had them put sand, blue glitter, shells, a drink umbrella, and their fish hand print in the cup and cover the top! They turned out great!! Loved it and everyone had a blast!!! I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted, but I was busy with all the kids. Got what I could. :)
 Faith feeling the sand and picking out her shells.

 Beach cups!!

 
Some of the kiddos!