Monday, August 5, 2013

Farmhouse Table and Bench

Over the course of this summer, Stephen and I built a farmhouse table and bench. I found the idea off of Pinterest and told Stephen that I planned to price out wood for it here soon. He wasn't too sure about doing it, but this plan looked easy enough. Overall cost of materials and wood was about $200 for the table and bench. We could have had it all done sooner, but we have little ones to care for. The sanding took the most time and putting it together didn't take very long. We also had to wait for the humidity levels to be down for us to do the final coats of finish, which I grew impatient with so we brought the table inside to finish the final coats. I think it turned out beautiful for our first solo project! The boys couldn't wait to sit on the bench to eat, lots of room for our growing family. Love it!! I wanted cloth chairs to add to the table, but having little ones, they would be ruined within a day. So Steve brought up some chairs for me to paint, which I am still working on. I am priming them and then painting them a marigold yellow. The color will certainly pop in our dining room. Can't wait to finish them, will post once they are done. Just need the humidity levels to drop.