Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blessing Number 4 awaits in Heaven

On Saturday, October 26, I got this feeling that I should take a pregnancy test. I felt  that it was God telling me I should for a while and finally I decided too. It came up positive. Stephen and I were so excited and couldn't believe that we had been blessed again and also that fast. I decided to go to the doctor on Monday to have a blood test done to know for sure and because we weren't really sure how far along I was. They had confirmed that I was early pregnant.

Then on the following Tuesday, I got really sick, normal for a pregnancy, but I started to cramp and couldn't keep anything down. I  felt very weak, Julie ended up taking me to the hospital where they thought and I also thought I was just dehydrated so they gave me a bag of fluids. I then stayed home with my stomach being really sore, which I thought was from vomiting so much. The doctor's office called and said that since my numbers looked good for me to schedule an ultrasound in 3 to 4 weeks!

Later that evening around 5:30, I started to spot some. :( I called the doctor early the next morning and they took another blood draw, my levels moved up but not enough. Pretty much a miscarriage beginning. They then wanted me to schedule another ultrasound earlier to see how baby was doing. I continued to spot for the whole week and then it started to get heavy. I called my doctor's office the next morning and they wanted me to come in. I scheduled the appointment after school. Stephen went with me and I had prepared myself for the passed week that I had miscarried, but I had not fully miscarried yet. So I had thought they were going to do a D&C later this week.

The ultrasound tech, Calleen, kept asking me if I was in any pain as she was looking at everything, I had said no. She seemed kind of shocked and told me that I had a mass the size of a baseball on my right tube, indicating that I had an ectopic pregnancy. I started to cry. They then had me meet with Dr. Evans where she then informed me that she didn't want me to leave and that we would be doing an emergency surgery to remove it. She was fearful of the size and also didn't want me to bleed to death, plus the fact that it could burst. I had the surgery and got to go home around 9:30 last night. They had to remove the right ovary and right tube, which was hard to deal with. We would like another baby and having this done means it could be harder to conceive as well as the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy happening again.

Evans' said that if I were to get pregnant again that they would have to close monitor me in hope that this doesn't happen again. I hope and pray that we can have another, I also feel so greedy asking God for another child, but he knows my heart. I am also so grateful for my babies that I have now, so lucky that they were all healthy pregnancies.

Also, I was very mad at God  last week for speaking to me 2 weeks ago, telling me to take a pregnancy test and then miscarrying. I didn't understand why he did that, but then if I didn't know that I was pregnant,  I would have thought the bleeding was just a period and eventually it would have burst and killed me. God was saving my life and I am so glad I listened to him. May he continue to stay close and thankful for him each day.
Below are the pictures of the mass and the clean one is my left tube, hopefully it will be blessed to do the honors in our final installment. In time, right now I plan to heal emotionally and physically. Thank you God!